Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ruffled Wristlets From Hell Are Done

And just in time for Halloween . . . Ah, better make that Christmas. This was a project which was initially meant to be part of a Halloween costume but after finishing up the first wristlet and fighting with the damn ruffles for hours, I found myself doing everything I could to avoid knitting up the other one.

The pattern can be found over at Lion Brand but you have to register for free patterns first and then backup (a pain, I know). I used 2 skein's of Lion Brand's Black Wool-Ease in worsted weight & 2 skeins of the black "Ruffles" yarn. To get gauge I had to resort to a size 6 needle and they still turned out too big. If I ever get the urge to knit these up again I would not continue to do the increases after the first 9 inches or so because the ruffles tend to flop over. It's an easy rib knit pattern but the ruffles are a real bitch to bind off. I grudgingly admit that the second wristlet was easier and fits better but there's no way I'm knitting up another pair in the near future!

My poinsetta cloth is also done. The pattern can be found at the Monthly Dishcloth KAL blog. I used red 100% cotton yarn purchased at JoAnn Fabrics and #7 needles. The bobbles were a fun new thing to learn and I like the look of this cloth so much I might knit up a few more for myself.

My current WIP are legwarmers which I promised my daughter I'd make about four months back. I'm using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted Weight in white pearl and a pattern that a nice lady on the Monthly Dishcloth KAL shared with the group. It has a knit, purl ribbing and the body is worked up in stockinette by switching up a needle size every 3". So far I haven't managed to screw it up too badly (but I'm not finished yet!)


Post a Comment

<< Home