Friday, January 19, 2007

My 1st Sweater

Something tells me grilling season is officially over!






I've cast on for Wicked which is my first attempt at knitting a sweater. After the legwarmer disaster, I decided to selfishly knit something that would be all mine. I'm doing this in the small size.


Yarn:Paton's Merino Wool in "New Denim" (3 skeins bought for $3.99 ea @ JoAnn's. Deal or what?)
Needles:#8, 29" Circular, the pattern called for #7, 32" but my gauge was incorrect & I couldn't find 32"'s in 8's
My gauge(for future reference because making this swatch on circulars was a real pain in the behind): Paton's Merino, #8 circs 4.5 sts to the inch(18sts 4"), #7 circs 5 to the inch(20 sts 4")

Wicked woes: I finished up what I thought was a near perfect neckline only to drop a stitch and then drop 5 more in a failed attempt to fix my error. Eh, stubbornly continuing to knit in the dark after losing power probably wasn't one of my better ideas. To make things worse I then noticed I'd been knitting the cable twists on the wrong side. Unknitting wouldn't help this mess. So, I hid myself in my room when I discovered what I'd done to avoid teaching the kids some colorful new words and began to rip. I'm about reading to try it on. More later . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home