Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Won, I Won . . . a ruined palette

I entered a contest at one of the
makeup blogs
I like to visit to view the pretty new things that I can't afford and my prize arrived today! Isn't it the cutest? It's Benefit's Weathergirl Palette and is filled with beautiful colors for every day wear.











Unfortunately I had to run out, left it on the bathroom counter and came back to find this. Block your eyes, Benefit fans, because it gets ugly.

*sniff* Seems as if curious little fingers were busy while I was away. Note the missing applicator which was completely immersed in the lovely champagne gloss and had to be tossed in the trash. Fortunately for the boy-child involved, I learned something from my yoga practice and took several deep breaths and walked away instead of reverting to screeching maniac mode . . . It's only a thing, a once beautiful, prestine thing that was all mine for all of two minutes.






In knitting news, I've cast on for two projects and am learning how to knit with two colors which is easier than expected thanks to all of the help I discovered online. Here's the beginning of the Mid-October Knitalong which is supposed to be a surprise. Because I've been blog-hopping I'm pretty sure I know what it is. Ah well, serves me right for being so damned nosey.







This is the beginning of Ruffled Wristlets which are going to be part of my Halloween costume if I don't screw them up too badly.







And here's Sam today doing his best impression of "THE DOG"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home