Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My On(and on)going Boucle Blanket

Can you believe the size of this thing? I purchased this enormous ball of rainbow boucle which was bigger than a basketball at my local Joanne Fabric store and immediately decided I'd use it all up on a blanket. Hey, no one will ever accuse me of lacking in ambition (braincells, well that's another story).
But mom, my bum is still cold! As you can see, I haven't gotten very far in this project. I decided to knit it up in seed stitch using #9 needles and it's taking an eternity to make any progress. I've completed this panel and am 3/4's of the way through panel #2 but am getting bored of the monotony. I'm anxious to start something a little more challenging but insist on finishing this up first. I used to be this way with books. I'd see the crappiest of books through to the deadly dull end just because I thought I had to. Now I'm too crabby and impatient to be bothered.
Here's a closeup of the oh-so-soft blanket in progress which I keep telling my 3rd grade daughter will be finished just in time for her high school graduation.

2 Comments:

Blogger hakucho said...

Your blanket looks wonderful! I love how the yarn shades. I think if you ever want to make another it might work up quicker mixing with another yarn and using bigger needles. Just a thought.
Sometimes I get bored with a project and have to start another faster (smaller) project. I think that's why I like dish cloths. Good to break up the monotony.
Keep plugging and you'll have a gorgeous blanket to snuggle with!
Happy Knitting :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger LaurieKnits said...

Thanks for the advice which I am definitely going to take. I love the way the boucle feels and looks but it is a real pain work up.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home